March 4th marks a key milestone – Two years ago on this date, five CEOs of some of the largest Health IT companies decided to work together to break down barriers to nationwide data exchange.
This dedication to the common good paved the way for health care interoperability. CommonWell Health Alliance proves that collaboration and dedication drives innovation and real-world results to solve one of the health care industry’s most challenging issues.
In just 2 years, it’s incredible to think about the progress that we’ve made in making nationwide data exchange a reality:
- Our membership has tripled
- In 12 months, we built and launched working interoperability services:
- Patient Identification & Linking
- Record Locator & Retrieval
- Patient Access, Privacy & Consent Management
- Trusted Data Access
- 5 member organizations are deploying the services across the nation
- More than 100 provider sites ranging from large acute hospitals to rural specialty practices are using CommonWell services every day with over 28k patients enrolled
We aren’t stopping there. Our vision continues in 2015 to enable providers and individuals to access health information when it is needed regardless of where care occurs.
- Members are continuing to deploy the interoperability services nationwide
- Through our collective experience we will be expanding our use cases to cover additional settings of care
We’re excited about what the future holds and look forward to sharing more about CommonWell’s progress and future plans. We’ll see you in Chicago at HIMSS!
Kelly Leo, RelayHealth Marketing, and representative on CommonWell’s Marketing Committee