Who We Are
CommonWell Health Alliance is a not-for-profit trade association open to health IT suppliers and others devoted to the simple notion that:
- Health data should be available to individuals and providers regardless of where care occurs and
- Providers’ access to this data must be built-in to health IT at a reasonable cost for use by a broad range of health care providers and the people they serve.
We hope you will join us as a member of our vendor-initiated and -led Alliance.
If you have been following us, you know we have launched our core service offering in a number of geographies across the US and are beginning to expand nationwide. As such, we are looking to engage new members and expand our offerings for our members’ providers.
Membership Opportunities and Benefits
Contributing Members are the foundation for the Alliance. This membership level, which includes the seven Founding members, provides the guidance and governance for the Alliance. Participating as a Contributing Member will allow you to quickly receive access to and benefits of CommonWell’s standards and services as they become available.
- Plan to support the design, development and application of technology that implements and complies with CommonWell specifications
- Eligible to Chair, be a member of and vote in Committees and Working Groups
- Potential to be nominated and elected to the Board of Directors, when additional Board seats become available
- Ability to participate and vote on substantive issues, policy matters and official positions within your respective Committees prior to final adoption by the Board
- All benefits available to General Members
General Members play a vital role in CommonWell Health Alliance. At this level, members have the opportunity to propose revisions or proposals for specifications, test suites and design guidelines of the Alliance.
- May attend and participate in an advisory capacity in Committees and Working Groups
- Have the right to submit proposed revisions or proposals for Specifications, test suites, and design guidelines of the Alliance
- Have access to generally available technical support with regard to any then-supported Specification, test suites, and design guideline of the Alliance
- Have access to generally available support documentation and materials concerning any then-supported Specifications, test suites, and design guidelines of the Alliance
- License rights as specified in the Membership Agreement or as otherwise specified by the BOD
For all membership categories, proposed changes to specifications and approved use cases are subject to committee and Board approval, and the use of Alliance specifications are subject to the specifications licensing terms and conditions.
As we are a not-for-profit funded by our membership fees, membership dues will be based upon an organization’s annual US revenue. Available commercial services require applicable Commercial and Certification fees.
|Member Type||Annual US Revenue||Contributor Member Annual Dues||General Member Annual Dues|
|$50M – $100M||$20,000||$7,500|
|$100M – $500M||$35,000||$15,000|
|$500M – $1B||$60,000||$25,000|
|$1B – $2B||$90,000||$50,000|
|Individual||N/A||N/A||Not Yet Available|
For Members planning to offer CommonWell Services to its clients, a Member Services Agreement (MSA) between the member company and the Alliance is required. The CommonWell Health Alliance MSA outlines what the Member obligations and terms are with regards to the core services available through the Alliance’s Service Provider. For additional information, please see our FAQS.